In June 2016 Institut Français de la Mode and Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne announced a strategic partnership to create a brand new fashion school, which ambitions to be acknowledged as one of the very top schools worldwide within the next five years, both in fashion design and in fashion management. The new school will bear the name "Institut Français de la Mode".
Creating this new Institut Français de la Mode endeavors to meet the strong ambitions of the sector's businesses and public authorities, up to the highest levels of the French State. The partnership aims to turn Paris into the world's focal point for fashion education, and to link culture, technical savoir-faire, creativity and mastering of technology.
- Meeting the needs of the business – current and latent – and anticipating future developments
- Greatly enhancing skills in all of fashion's key job lines and at all levels of the industry
- Placing culture at the heart of the curriculum
- Bridging the gap between creativeness, management and technology
- Integrating sustainability in teaching methods and tools (environment, CSR)
Supporting the industry's major evolutions by nurturing new types of professionals. To that end, attracting the finest talents in France, Europe and the world.
The new Institut Français de la Mode will be offering as of September 2019:
- Two new programs in fashion design at Bachelor's and Master's levels
- Programs in fashion management and entrepreneurship at Master's and EMBA levels
- A PhD track in partnership with University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Vocational programs in couture dressmaking and tailoring
- Sandwich courses in couture and patternmaking
- Executive education courses in fashion savoir-faire and fashion management
- Summer school programs for high-school and university level students
- An accelerator for promising fashion labels
- And Economic Observatory producing studies about the fashion industry
- A Research department offering an academic review, publications and conferences
- A library acknowledged as one of the most comprehensives for fashion in Paris
The new school will unite all of its activities under one roof at Cité de la Mode et du Design in Paris as of 2020.