The DEFI commitment/ involvement for PARIS FASHION WEEK®:
DEFI, hands in hands with federations, takes an important place in the promotion of the French brand image abroad. It takes care of French economic dynamism by helping French creations, exportations and internationalizations. In order to face the international concurrence, DEFI reinforces the French brand image especially during PARIS FASHION WEEK®. This is an event which brings together 2000 national and international journalists, and attracts 20000 international buyers. The heart of PARIS FASHION WEEK® is: creativity. DEFI is the center of this ecosystem of sustaining young creations.
1. DEFI funds a part of young designer’s catwalks which are selected to integrate the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode.
2. DEFI is a contact facilitator between national and international journalists and buyers by funding the PARIS FASHION WEEK® CENTER of The Palais de Tokyo, and shuttles between catwalks. This way, almost 2000 journalists, delegates of 450 Medias from 50 countries are welcomed during every PARIS FASHION WEEK® in Paris.
3. DEFI funds Designers Apartment which brings together lots of buyers: created in 2012, this is the first show-room of the French forefront brands. It assembles 10 emerging brands at each session. This place is a good way for them to raise awareness and to increase sales. It’s an encounter facilitator between international buyers and great brands, baseline concept stores, and buying houses decision makers. All in all, more than 40 creators had participated to Designers Apartment since its creation
4. It organizes one-time operations as “LA MODE AIME PARIS “: one-off events with a great media impact. The operation MODE AIME PARIS organized in 2015 with la Marie de Paris: The ad hoc Eiffel Tower lights and decorations.
5. To celebrate the end of the PARIS FASHION WEEK®, DEFI contributes to the organization funding of Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode parties