160 years ago, what was called “haute couture” was born. On April 6, 1858, Charles-Frederick Worth opened, with Otto Bobergh, his house at 7, rue de la Paix to market silks, lace, cashmere and furs and make dresses and coats for ladies. Worth plays the role of the artist who imagines new dresses in one sample and presents in his salons. The customer only has the choice of colors and fabrics. Paris lived there the beginning of his reign as tailor-made tailoring capital!